About the Firm
A law firm focused exclusively in assisted reproduction law which represents individuals and couples located in Florida, across the U.S. and internationally
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Fellow of the Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproductive Attorneys
- American Bar Association – Assisted Reproductive Technology Section
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers; Hillsborough Association of Women’s Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Lakeland Bar Association
- Lakeland Bar Association Publication, “Is Egg Freezing Right for You?”, January-February Edition 2015
- LAWYER Magazine, The Hillsborough County Bar Association, Tampa, FL May-June 2017 VOL. 27, NO.5 (https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.hillsbar.com/resource/resmgr/magazine/Lawyer_May-Jun_2017.pdf)
- “Mediation & Modern Family Building” Mediation CLE, Dispute Resolution Center Conference, August 11-12, 2017
- Producer, “Let’s Get Ethical – The Collision of Ethics and Conflicts in the World of ART”, ABA Fall Family Law Conference, 2015
- Moderator, “50 Shades of Grey – Escrow Fund Management”, ABA Fall Family Law Conference, Quebec City, Canada 2016
- Moderator, “Song of the South (America): ART Overview and Considerations for South American Intended Parents”, ABA Spring Family Law Conference, Nashville, TN, 2018
- Presenter, “Mediation & Modern Family Building” Mediation CLE, Dispute Resolution Center Conference, August 11-12, 2017
What I Do
Infertility is a long road filled with uncertainty and emotional turmoil. I understand this and will capably advocate for my clients, skillfully draft or review as well as negotiate the necessary agreements on their behalf, and effectively navigate them through the legal process from beginning to end. Additionally, I am bilingual and can provide Spanish speaking clients the comfort of ease in communication and an effective representation.
Whether it be through surrogacy, egg or sperm donation, embryo donation, pre-planned adoption, or in matters of step-parent or relative adoption, the firm has the knowledge, experience and resources to safely and expertly assist and protect the clients in the legal formation of their family.
Stephanie has dedicated her career to assisted reproductive law. She began her work in assisted reproductive technology as a legal intern, while she was still a law student at Stetson University College of Law. She fell in love with the combination of medicine, technology, an emerging legal landscape, and most importantly… family. After graduating, her experience in the field and her commitment towards the clients led her to a full time position as an attorney, working exclusively in assisted reproduction, where she remained as an attorney for over 5 years before starting Stephanie Favilli Bodolay, P.A.
Since the start of her career, Stephanie has been able to compassionately help hundreds of Parents, Donors, and Surrogates in their journeys of family building both domestically and abroad. She routinely represents clients from countries such as Argentina, Spain, Uruguay, Germany, and Russia among others. Born to Nicaraguan parents, Stephanie is fluent in Spanish and can provide her Spanish speaking clients comfort in knowing they can communicate effectively with her in Spanish, as well as have a thorough understanding of the process and the legal documents. She is very proud of her connection with her clients and the relationships she builds with them. Her favorite part is knowing she has not only helped with legal, but also made the clients comfortable and safe, making the process a more positive one… and, of course, receiving baby pictures and emails from the clients long after the legal process has ended.
To provide the very best legal representation, it is a priority for Stephanie to stay current on the constantly evolving legal framework of assisted reproductive cases in order to provide the best and most ethical representation. She continues to educate herself through, as well as actively participate in, continuing education through organizations like the American Bar Association (ABA) and as a Fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproductive Attorneys.
Away from the office, Stephanie is a member of various professional organizations, a proud supporter of the LGBT community, enjoys cycling and yoga and is the proud mother of two beautiful daughters. Together with her husband, they enjoy traveling with their daughters as much as possible to hike, canoe, and camp all over the world and enjoy everything the outdoors has to offer.